Unparalleled SecurityBitdefender stops emerging e-threats that other products miss by capitalizing on live and virtualized behavior-based detection, in addition to cloud-based services.
*AV-Test, May 2012: Overall Highest Score for Protection, Repair and Usability (www.av-test.org)
- Bitdefender Safepay™ - Keeps hackers at bay by automatically opening all your online banking pages in a separate, secure browser.
- MyBitdefender dashboard - See all the status and licensing information about your software and services in your own, MyBitdefender dashboard. Now accessible from anywhere, anytime, from any Internet-connected device.
- Security Widget - Enables you to keep track of all of your security related tasks, plus lets you quickly and easily drag-and-drop files for quick scanning for viruses—right from your desktop!
- Parental Control - Blocks inappropriate content, restricts Web access between certain hours, and helps you remotely monitor your children's online activity – even on Facebook!
- USB Immunizer - Immunizes any Flash Drive from viruses, when they are connected to your computer, so that you never worry again about USBs infecting you or your friends.
- Active Virus Control - A proactive, dynamic detection technology which monitors processes’ behavior in real-time, as they are running, and tags suspicious activities.
- Rescue Mode - If e-threats, such as rootkits, cannot be removed from within the Windows operating system, the computer is re-booted in Rescue mode—a trusted environment which is then used for cleanup and restoration.
- Vulnerability Scanner - Checks for missing or outdated security software, missing Windows security patches, as well as potentially unsafe system settings.
- Antispam - Stops unwanted e-mail from reaching your Inbox.
- Two-way Firewall - Continuously monitors your Internet connections and prevents unauthorized access, even over a Wi-Fi network.
Absolute SilenceSave time and avoid all hassles - the Autopilot makes the security-related decisions for you!
- Bitdefender Autopilot™ - Bitdefender Autopilot™ provides a hassle-free experience by making optimal security-related decisions without input from you. This means no pop-ups, no alerts, nothing to configure.
Safe Social NetworkingYou trust your online friends. But do you trust their computers? Protect yourself, and your friends, from e-threats that attempt to exploit the trust you’ve built with them.
- Social Network Protection - Bitdefender filters/blocks social-networking specific e-threats by scanning the links you receive from your Facebook and Twitter friends, monitors your
privacy settings, and much more!
- Search Advisor - The Link Filter relies on intelligence provided by Bitdefender Cloud services to flag malware and phishing attempts in search engine results.
Total PrivacyThreats to your privacy keep diversifying. Your e-mail, your messaging, your entire Web presence and activities can be targeted. Bitdefender addresses them all, protecting your data with a range of specialized modules and functions.
- Personal Data Filter - Prevents critical data (such as anything even resembling your social security number) from ever leaving your computer.
- Antiphising - Analyzes and blocks websites that support various scams or credit card phishing attempts.
- File Shredder - Ensures that no traces of your deleted sensitive files remain on your PC
Full SpeedBitdefender 2013 takes “scheduled scanning” to a whole new level, as the scanning only takes place when your system is idle.
- Scan Dispatcher - The Scan Dispatcher finds and uses time-slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of your entire system. This way Bitdefender does not interfere with user-initiated actions and does impact system responsiveness.
Minimal system requirements:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) , Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Microsoft Windows 8
- CPU: 800MHz processor
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB
- Available free hard disk space: 1.8 GB free space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)
Recommended system requirements:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit), Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Microsoft Windows 8
- CPU: Intel CORE Duo (1.66 GHz) or equivalent processor
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB (Microsoft Windows XP) or 1.5 GB (Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 8)
- Available free hard disk space: 2.8 GB free space (at least 800 MB on system drive)
- Internet Explorer 7 and higher
- .NET Framework 3.5 (automatically installed by Bitdefender if necessary)
- Firefox 3.6 and higher
- Thunderbird 3.0.4
- Outlook 2007, 2010
- Outlook Express and Windows Mail on x86